Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some Progress

After a short meeting with Jeff yesterday, I got several suggestions on how I might restructure the collection and store pages to avoid some of Flash's known issues with ActionScript. (While I come nowhere near Jeff's knowledge of it, I'm no stranger to AS being extremely picky in the way that it's applied.) Following Jeff's feedback, I was able to successfully resolve all of the problems we were encountering so far.

I also spoke with Eddy at length about how the aesthetics of the website might be improved. I feel the project is currently holding a high "B" status, which I find personally unacceptable. After further consultation with Jeff today, it seems that redesigning the menus (or reskinning them at the very least) will prove essential in being able to animate them without too much trouble. My goal for Friday is to present some new aesthetic options and see what gets a more favorable response.

As I had feared, programming the complex levels of interactivity we had originally planned for the collection gallery isn't going to be feasible. I do believe, however, that some scenario-based examples of what we want the system to do can be effectively mocked up, in addition to keeping the full collection of bullets browsable (as we have it now). I'm still considering how exactly to do this. Catie and I will probably consult on it more Friday. For the moment I have enough to do just implementing some of the changes we've discussed already, and completing work on supplemental content.

On the merchandise side, the hat has arrived, but I'm still awaiting the arrival of the mouse pad. I'll be placing an order for some additional items from Zazzle tonight. We should also consider possible display options for the upcoming show in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment